SPAS field trips and programs are free and open to the public. Everyone is welcome. Email us at email@example.com with any questions.
March 27 - Field Trip to Pinellas County Solid Waste
Sat. April 1, 2017 at Paradise Grille
900 Gulf Way, Pass-a-Grille Beach, FL 33706
Help us in ushering in this year's shorebird nesting season!
Lantern procession begins at 8:00 PM! (Lanterns will not be released.)
Free and for all ages! Metered parking along street.
Interactive activities, educational booths, and live music!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727-460-0771
- 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm Activities and Music
- 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm Talks by local leaders
- 7:45 pm Paper lanterns will begin to be distributed
- 8:00 pm Paper Lantern Procession begins
Everyone who enjoys birds and birding must always respect wildlife, its environment, and the rights of others. In any conflict of interest between birds and birders, the welfare of the birds and their environment comes first.
Pinellas County Bird Checklist
Select the Bird Checklist or checklist to download the Pinellas County Bird Checklist.
American Birding Association Principles of Birding Ethics
Code of Birding Ethics (Excerpt)
- Promote the welfare of birds and their environment
- Photography use artificial light sparingly, especially for close-ups
- Respect the law, and the rights of others
- Ensure that feeders, nest structures, and other artificial bird environments are safe.
Don't Be a Nuisance when Photographing Birds
Watch the video to learn the recommendations of ethical behavior when Photographing Birds.