A Field Guide in your Phone - for Free
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides. With more than 2 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America.
Audubon Bird Guide: North America is an outstanding mobile field guide resource completely updated to the current AOU checklist. The app includes 821 species; advanced gallery view for easy comparison and search; field mark call outs; a “Find Birds with eBird” feature powered by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology; and a social community of birders who observe, identify, and share their observations and photos in the mobile app and online.
With the Audubon Bird Guide, you can:
- Identify 821 species with in-depth descriptions including information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and more
- Explore a gallery of more than 3,200 images from the world-renowned VIREO, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University’s world-wide collection of bird photography.
- Listen to up to eight hours of the exceptional sounds of your favorite birds, differentiated by region and season.
- Access robust seasonal and migratory range maps.
- Browse species in a gallery view and filter by shape, region and color, aiding quick identification.
- Use “Find Birds with eBird” to locate birds seen recently around you, drawing on the continuously updated database from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology and eBird.
- Post, keep lists, and share sightings with friends and followers with Audubon NatureShare’s easy and user-friendly interface.